Loading some great jobs for you...
General Summary of Duties:
The provision of necessary care to patients as designated by a written care plan which is developed by the RN Case Manager or RN Specialty Case Manager.
Reports directly to the Home Health Aide Supervisor. Is under the supervision of an RN Case Manager or RN Specialty Case Manager for the personal care of the patient as specified in the plan of care.
Requires full range of body motion including moving and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing, walking, ability to ascend and descend stairs. Requires vision and hearing corrected to a normal range. Occasionally lifts and carries or moves items, 30 pounds or more. Requires working under stressful conditions. Typical Work Conditions: Work is performed in varied home settings. Some exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances, and medical preparations.
1. C4, F4 Assisting the patient with personal care and ADLs to include bathing, oral hygiene, toileting, feeding, dressing, exercises, ambulation transfers, and medications that are ordinarily self-administered.
2. C4, F4 Providing normal household services essential to patient care at home, meal preparation, laundry, and light housekeeping duties.
3. C4, F4 Communicates interdepartmentally with team members including HHA department, nursing and therapy services to enhance patient care. Accepts responsibility of having good attendance and its importance as a team member. Works collaboratively with professional staff, keeping goals patient-centered and working within boundaries of job responsibilities.
4. C4, F4 Communicates appropriately with patients and families. Communicates at patient s level of understanding. Adheres to confidentiality policy regarding patient scheduling, work assignments, agency-related work issues, personal issues, and avoids controversial topics.
5. C4, F4 Meets annual in-service requirements. Participates in other agency activities such as small group, focus groups, committees, and preceptorships. Adheres to Agency Corporate Compliance Plan and HIPAA Privacy Plan as per written agreement.
1. C3, F1 Performs other duties as necessary to support Agency programs as assigned by the Home Health Aide Supervisor.
HIPAA and Privacy:
Properly direct any complaints and/or grievances as indicated per VNHSC policy. Comply with HIPAA regulations, specifically the Privacy and Security Rules. Protect personal health information (PHI), electronic personal health information (EPHI) and financial information by limiting the use and disclosure of health information and financial information to the minimum amount necessary with only those who must know how to get the job done. Follow the department s specific policies and procedures to protect health information. Help one another to ensure confidentiality at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Requirements:
Ability to read, write and speak English. Ability to comprehend written and oral instructions in English. Ability to drive a car, possession of a current driver s license, and access to a car. Must show proof of automobile insurance with a minimum liability coverage of $20,000/$40,000. Flexibility; must be punctual and dependable. Ability to get along with people, a sympathetic attitude and ability to adjust to varying complex home situations; ability to motivate; ability to work well with other members of the Home Care Team. Desire and motivation to grow in knowledge and to attend the required 12 hours of in-service education per calendar year. Must have excellent communication skills and ability to follow directions, both written and verbal, to adhere to Agency Personnel Policies and Dress Code, and to maintain confidentiality.
High school diploma or GED required.
Previous experience as CNA/HCA required.
Certificate to practice as a Certified Nurse Assistant. Alternative to Minimum
Loading some great jobs for you...