- Hartford Healthcare
- $242,740.00 -242,740.00/year*
Healthcare - Physician
10 Toilsome Ave
: Connecticut-Mansfield Center-Natchaug Hospital Mansfield Ct (10155)
: Natchaug Hospital
: May 28, 2019
Psychiatrist - On Call - Natchaug Hospital - (19156047)
On-Call Opportunities available for Psychiatrists
Provide psychiatric services for adult, adolescent and child clients on in-patient units, and for the partial hospitalization programs.
* Provide direct patient services including diagnostic admission evaluations, psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy, as appropriate.
* Works within a multi-disciplinary treatment team and may act as a clinical team leader for the coordination and supervision of care provided across clinical disciplines. In this role, the Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist will provide guidance and leadership to other clinicians on the team in formulating and implementing the treatment plan.
* Completes timely documentation of assessments, clinical interventions and discharge summaries and updates records as specified in medical staff regulations.
* Monitor risk indicators and take action to address risk management issues in a timely manner to ensure client, staff and visitor safety, and to safeguard the Hospital from adverse events. Includes consultation with peers and acting as a resource/consultant to other members of the treatment team.
* Adheres to prescribing practices that are safe and evidence based. Obtains appropriate and informed consent for medications trials prior to prescribing.
* Acts as liaison and communicates effectively with outside providers, primary care physicians, schools and family members as needed.
* As assigned at Natchaug Hospital, Windham Community Memorial Hospital and/or United Services will provide rotational coverage to ensure continuity of psychiatric coverage/consultation services during, day time hours, nights, weekends, vacations and holidays. Will ensure coverage has been appropriately scheduled during own absences.
* Provide supervision to selected non-physician health professionals.
* Participates in Medical Staff Committees and meetings as specified in Medical Staff regulations.
* Experience in adult, adolescent or child in-patient and evaluation services, experience with a multidisciplinary team treatment model.
* Board Certified or Board Eligible psychiatrist.
* State of CT, Department of Public Health license; DEA; CCSR
Standard Hours: 1
Schedule: Per Diem (1 hour)
* Experience in adult, adolescent or child in-patient and evaluation services, experience with a multidisciplinary team treatment model. * Board Certified or Board Eligible psychiatrist. * State of CT, Department of Public Health license; DEA; CCSR
Regular Standard Hours: 1 Schedule: Per Diem (1 hour)
Associated topics: adult psychiatry, child psychiatry, clinical, consult, consultant, consulting, neuropsychiatry, psych, psychiatry, pyschiatrist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...