- Iconma, L.L.C.
- $116,035.00 -96,800.00/year*
8 Dorchester Rd
Scientific Communications Manager
Location: Woodcliff Lake, NJ
* The Scientific Communications Manager is responsible for implementing the publication planning activities and deliverables to meet the needs of external customers and internal business partners for assigned products. The manager will be responsible for the coordination and management of cross-functional publication teams and ensure that there is no overlap/redundancy in global publication activities. The management responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, management of publication activities throughout the product lifecycle such as development, submission and successful publication of manuscripts, congress abstracts, posters, slide sets, with the goal of on-time completion of high-quality, peer-reviewed publications. The manager will oversee the selection and contract responsibilities with any third-party vendors in the publications process, including medical writing and publications agencies, and will be responsible for overseeing the internal review process of all publications. Additionally, candidate will ensure that implementation of the publication plans are in compliance with relevant guidelines. An ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders (including investigators) is required. The manager will provide guidance on appropriate journal/congress selection.
* Implement medical communication activities for assigned products, including all aspects of publication planning activities, development and maintaining plans in collaboration with Medical Director; development of congress abstracts, posters, slide sets and manuscripts. Serve as liaison with external key opinion leaders and authors on publication development.
* Oversee internal review process for all publications, slide sets and related materials.
* Analyze and communicate scientific literature. Create reports to communicate relevant information to colleagues and internal business partners. Collaborate with Medical Director to manage focused analyses of existing and new data in order to identify needs and requirements for publication plans.
* Collaborate with Medical Directors on the planning and execution of Scientific Advisory Board meetings. Ensure all documentation associated with advisory boards is entered into the aggregate spend reporting system.
* Advanced degree preferred or BS with science major
* 5+ years experience with minimum of 2-4 years of experience in publication planning or equivalent in pharmaceutical industry; CMPP certification desired
* Working knowledge of regulatory procedures and government practices pertaining to publication activities obtained through industry experience.
* Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks within assigned objectives.
* Demonstrated writing ability and the ability to understand, analyze, and summarize medical literature.
* Proficiency in use of PC applications.
* Experience with standardized publication planning software
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that
supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual
orientation, citizenship, or disability.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...